The state lotteries currently in circulation include the Popular Ticket, the National Ticket and the Special Purpose (New Year’s) Ticket.
The Popular ticket is issued weekly, with 52 draws per year, and the National Ticket is issued every four months, with 3 issuances per year. Revenues from the Special Purpose Ticket are distributed exclusively for social purposes. In addition, the currently inactive Instant Lottery (Scratch & Win) was issued between 1993 and 2003.
The Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund has decided to proceed with the transfer of its exclusive right of production, operation, circulation, promotion and management of the Hellenic Lotteries and will be launching an open, transparent and competitive two-stage auction.
The License will cover the exclusive right to produce, operate, circulate, promote and manage the Hellenic Lotteries, including all current and future draw-based and instant lotteries which are conducted offline using physical tickets. The Hellenic Lotteries comprise of (i) the National Lottery, (ii) the Popular Lottery, (iii) the European Lottery, (iv) the Instant Scratch&Win Lottery, (v) the Housing State Lottery and (vi) the Special State Social Solidarity Lottery or New Year’s Lottery.
The License will be assigned to a société anonyme company registered in the Hellenic Republic (“SPV“) to be set up by the successful bidder. License period will be twelve (12) years commencing at the expiry of the transition period to be provided for in the License Agreement. The License shall not be transferable.
The Hellenic Republic has appointed Credit Suisse and Eurobank EFG Equities as financial advisors, Bahas Grammatidis & Karatzas and Partners as its Greek legal advisors, Allen and Overy as its international legal advisors and Roland Berger as its technical advisors to assist with the privatization.
- Press Release: Signing of the concession agreement for the Hellenic State Lotteries (2013.07.30)
- Press Release: The HRADF completes the privatisation tender of the Greek State Lotteries
- Press Release: HRADF requests a higher financial offer from an International Investor consortium for Greek State Lotteries' concession
- Press Release: One consortium to make financial bid for Greek State Lotteries 12-Year Concession
- Press Release: 2nd Phase of the international tender procedure for Hellenic State Lotteries
- Clarifications and responses to the 2nd round of questions
- Extension of closing date for submission of requests for clarifications
- Extension for Submission
- Clarifications and Responses
- Invitation to submit an Expression of Interest