- Agios Ioannis is a beachfront land plot at the Sithonia peninsula in the area of Chalkidiki (Northern Greece) (the “Site”).
- Sithonia peninsula is located between Athos (Monastic Community), which is classified by UNESCO’s catalogue as a Monument of World Cultural Heritage, and Kassandra, one of Greece’s most modern tourist resorts.
- Agios Ioannis, given its location at Chalkidiki, one of the most popular tourist destinations of mainland Greece, is also situated near Thessaloniki, the 2nd biggest city in Greece
- The Site is within 50 min (approximately 90 km) drive from the international airport of Thessaloniki (the 4th busiest airport in Greece by traffic) or 15 min by helicopter
|Total Site Area (sq.m.):||c. 261,000|
|Exploitable Area (sq.m.):||c. 200,000|
|Waterfront exposure (m):||c. 2,000|
Currently, Chalkidiki has more than 540 hotels with 23,570 rooms (45,570 beds) capacity. There are 13 5-star hotels in Chalkidiki with 4,500 beds capacity. 6 of the 5-star hotels are in Sithonia.
Moreover, there are around 2,000 family business rooms to let with 14,000 rooms (35,000 beds) capacity. There are also around 40 campings.
Overall the average annual occupancy is 55%.
Α significant increase in tourists from Russia, Serbia and other Balkan countries has been noted.
Based on Law No. 3986/2011, it is envisaged that a max building coefficient of 0.20 could be made available for the development of the Site.
According to the same Law, Resort & Tourism uses could be established on the plots, indicatively including:
- Retail, Food & Beverage
- The Site has the potential to be developed within a frame of a medium-scale integrated tourism/residential project (the “Project”), taking advantage of the wonderful sea front on a well-established vacation destination such as Chalkidiki
The Hellenic Republic aims at initiating the privatization process of the Project, by an Invitation for Expression of Interest expected to be launched in January 2013. The Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund ("HRADF”) is the governmental entity responsible for this privatization as well as the entire ongoing privatization program of Greece.
For further inquiries, please contact us
- Press Release - Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund accepted the improved financial offer for the development of the real estate St. Ioannis - Sithonia (2013.11.21)
- Press Release - HRADF requests improved financial offer for the development of the real estate St. Ioannis - Sithonia (2013.11.14)
- Press Release: HRADF receives final bid for the development of the real estate St. Ioannis - Sithonia – Launch of the tender processes for the properties in Agia Triada, Asprovalta and N. Irakleitsa (2013.11.08)
- Invitation to submit a proposal for an independent valuation of the in rem rights related to the area of Ag. Ioannis, Sithonia Halkidiki (2013.08.06)
- Press Release: Strong investors’ interest for the development of the real estate St. Ioannis – Sithonia
- Clarifications & Answers St. Ioannis - Sithonia (2013.04.23)
- Clarifications & Answers St. Ioannis - Sithonia (2013.04.19)
- Amendment to the Invitation of the Expression of Interest for the exploitation of a property in Agios Ioannis, Sithonia Halkidiki published on 05.03.2013 (2013.04.17)
- Clarifications & Answers St. Ioannis - Sithonia (2013.04.17)
- Clarifications & Answers St. Ioannis - Sithonia (2013.04.16)
- Invitation to submit an expression of interest for the exploitation of a property in Agios Ioannis, Sithonia Halkidiki (2013.03.05)