The property is located close to the village and inside the archaeological site of Thermopylae, which is an emblematic historical place of reference where the Battle of Thermopylae between the Greeks and the Persians took place in 480 BC. The property consists of three independent parts extending from the Athens-Thessaloniki National Road (PATHE) and the old Athens-Thessaloniki National Road to the foothills of Mount Kallidromo. The property contains a Thermal Spring that has been recognised and famous since antiquity, a hydrotherapy center and two hotels. The location of the property on the archaeological site of Thermopylae, its size and proximity to important tourist attractions, historical monuments, beaches and green spaces make it an attractive investment for developing a variety of activities related to summer and winter tourism, thermal spring tourism, wellness tourism, historical and cultural tourism.
The property is located 1.5 km west of the village of Thermopyles. Its distance is 16 km from Lamia, 25 km from Kamena Vourla and 200 km from Athens (2 hours by car from the Athens International Airport). Access by car is direct, via the improved routing of the Athens – Thessaloniki National Road (PATHE) and via the old Athens-Thessaloniki National Road. The exact location and boundaries of the property are shown on the Google map.
Tourist attractions & Points of Interest
Archaeological sites of Thermopylae, Delphi and Thebes Pelion (traditional villages, beaches and ski resort) Ski centers of Parnassos and Karpenisi Byzantine Museum of Fthiotida (Ypati) Archaeological Museum of Lamia, Centre of Historical Information of Thermopylae, Alamana Monument, Gorgopotamos Bridge.
Επόμενα βήματα αξιοποίησης
- Preparation of Special Town Planning Development Plan [ESCHADA] and Strategic Environmental Impact Assessment (SEIA)
- Approval of ESCHADA
- Tender Process
The buildings standing on the property are:
- Hydrotherapy building with 18 Roman-type baths and interior swimming pool
- “Aigli” hotel, 80 bed capacity (not operating)
- “Asklipios” hotel, 88 bed capacity (not operating)
- Hydrotherapy center administration offices building, used as a road traffic police station of the Fthiotida motorway.
- Restaurant building of the Hydrotherapy center, (not in operation)
- Supporting building installations (electrical and mechanical installations, biological treatment facilities, etc.)
The plan is to develop the property with the ESCHADA approval, based on the provisions of Law 3986/2011 which will include the uses of Tourism-Leisure with focus on the development of thermal spring – therapeutic tourism.
Financial Advisor: PIRAEUS BANK
Technical Advisor: SAMARAS & ASSOCIATES SA -DELTA ENGINEERING LTD
Legal Advisor: SARDELAS – PETSA LAW FIRM in cooperation with the law office “ILIADOU- TSIONA” and the law office of Varvara Mergou